my dream

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

what's next

Fortunately, I don't know the answer, because if I did, that would take half the fun out of it.
This much I do know: it won't be the same.
I've spent the first 5 years of my working life building, accumulating, and accomplishing things that many said could not be done. The biggest challenge I see over the next twenty years is to figure out some creative ways to give back some of what I've gotten.
I don't just mean money, although that's part of it. It's easy to be generouswhen you've got a lot, and anyone who does, should be. But what I admire most are people who put themselves directly on the line. I've never been terribly interested in why people give, because their motivation is rarely what it seems to be, and it's almost never pure altruism. To me, what matters is the doing, and giving time is far more valuable than just giving money.
In my life, there are two things I've found I'm very good at: overcoming obstacles and motivating good people to do their best work. One of the challenges ahead is how to use those skills as successfully in the service of other as I've done, up to now, on my own behalf.
Don't get me wrong . I also plan to keep making deals, big deals, and right around the clock.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 AM , Blogger kenji said...

madam mary, thank u for your support...i always think that if without u, maybe i cant achive my dreams...u make my life changed...

 
At 12:49 AM , Blogger Blur^Sand said...

Happy 2006!!!
may all your dreams come true!!!!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger kenji said...

thank u...
u too happy 2006
i wish u the best and may your dreams come true

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger py said...

happy 2006....

all d best for tis year.... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Pop up my Cbox